My 2 guy friends dated each other for 5 years ?

Their names are Jason and Matt. Matt wants to transition to female and his boyfriend fully supports it. Won’t Jason become bisexual if Matt transitions to female?

Jason isn’t bisexual. 

• Craig
    Favorite Answer

Jason probably IS bisexual and has always been bisexual.  That wouldn't interfere in the least with dating Matt for five years.  So he won't BECOME bisexual.  He already is, and has always been.

UPDATE:  No one would be able to tell whether Jason is bisexual or not.  Even bisexuals themselves often don't know they're bisexual until one day - whoops, there it is!  "Oh, I guess that explains all those 'weird' dreams or 'strange urges' I always just blew off."  That's just how it often goes.  Jason's bisexual...you (and maybe he) just haven't figured it out yet.

• reme_1

It will be a straight relationship if Matt fully transitions. Oh my, It would "make" Jason straight. or maybe bi if he still has feeling for guys.

I guess he’s a hodgepodge of things. He could be pan, homoflexible, gay or gender non conforming? The best thing to do would be to ask him how he sees himself and ask him what pronouns he wants to use.

Trans identity isn't just the matter of transitioning. If Matt seeks to transition, then that signifies their already at least self-identifying more-readily as a woman.

For Jason to be supportive of the transition and still romantically/sexually love Matt, this would be accepting an imperfect level of homosexuality.

-----

I personally keep expressing a color-theory notion to make it easy for people.

Let's say "Gay" is coded with Red. "Straight" is coded with Blue.

Equally "Gay" and "Straight" gives Purple/Violet. But there's Magenta (more red than blue) and Indigo (more blue than red), and a lot of other color options which can nuance specific levels of "gayness"/"straightness".

Boom, Jason might not want to be Violet...but perhaps he agrees with Magenta or Fuchsia or something like those.

That's messed up but maybe they can pass themselves off as a straight couple to their devoutly religious family?