Can u get sun burn on head ?

I mean been buzz cut all my life never have sun burn issues on scalp but days ago I started just my crown area felt like a sting wen I rub it I thought I got bee sting because bee flew close to head but didn't hurt till I started rubbing it its been 3 days still hurts I'm also brown skin not white 

• ron h

If you've never sun burned before, ask someone to look at your head.  If you've had a buzz cut for a long time, I dunno what would change suddenly.   Are you taking any new meds?  That can cause it sometimes. 

• Edna

Yes - the top of your head can get sunburned - especially if you shave your head or have a buzz cut. There's nothing on your head to block out the sun's rays.

Brown skin or white skin - it doesn't matter. The top of your head can still get sunburned - no matter what your skin color.

Yes, just like people can get cancer on their ears, any part of your body is susceptible to sunburn.

Sure, your scalp is skin.  I used to get sunburnt along the part in my hair every summer

• Olive

It can happen if your head is exposed to much to sun https://www.healthline.com/health/sunburned-scalp

No. No body can get sun burn on head