Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 2 months ago

How do I improve?

I really enjoy acting, I take it as one of my main subjects. I'd love to audition for plays and stand a chance. What are some acting tips?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 days ago

Friend, enroll in some acting classes when possible.

• 2 months ago

Never turn your back to the audience unless the director tells you to do so. 

Always plant your feet in a strong position and only move with a purpose.

Pretend that you’re talking to someone you know.

Project your voice, speak loudly and clearly, but don’t scream.

If you can, practice ahead of time. If you have access to the script before the audition, practice with a friend. 

Take constructive criticism and work to improve 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Please learn English because your english sounds like a mexican.   The correct grammar for your question is "How CAN I improve?".....   If you enjoy acting, start making youtube videos and start acting that you know what you are talking about.  Dress like a cop and then explain how a white cop arrest a black person on the scene?    when you talk fluently like a real cop maybe people will start noticing you.....

SUBSCRIBE!

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Like almost every skill, you learn through years of excellent training, loads of experience and practice, intelligence and imagination.

'Tips' aren't going to help you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

study Shakespeare. He's not the greatest writer ever for nothing. His plays cover almost every human emotion known and experienced. If you can master and play most of his characters, you're golden. Oh, and the audience should ALWAYS see the character, NOT YOU. Acting is never about you, it's about bringing the character to life. That's your job as an actor.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Talk to the director.  Talk to the other actors.  Read, have you heard of google?

• Orla
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

People study acting for decades.  Take some classes.

• Magma
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Always look at the camera, always stop the show and ask what your characters motivation is. But most of all, always tell the director what they should be doing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.