Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 2 months ago

Are Jeep Wranglers okay to drive daily?

Update: I hear that they can be uncomfortable and loud. I'm looking into getting one, which is why I ask.

• Jason

Never thought mine was uncomfortable. I think they're fun to drive especially with the top and doors removed. 

• Jensen

If I were you, I'd go with some other option.

<*>,<*>

I'd nt recommend buying thm as thy 

r not worth half the price chrgd & so

many of them break down far t esy 

too, yo :<

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][

Heard they drive like a tractors from the 1950s. I would get a toyota tacoma it's a way better built truck.

nothing i would want to do a long daily commute in

I got one because I live in snow country and have a half-mile long uphill driveway that we don't plow . . . the Wrangler goes through anything.

They are fun to drive (at least short distances) and another thing we like is we don't have to worry about parking lot dings!   They are grossly overpriced when new - they charge double what they're worth  (the profits on Jeeps and Ram trucks are supporting the entire Fiat-Chrysler operation since none of their cars sell) . . . . . the other side is they always have good resale value, no matter how old.

There is always something wrong with ours - the stereo, the alternator, the AC, the water pump, exhaust:  there's always something breaking.  It gets terrible gas mileage.  It's very noisy, uncomfortable and the ride is punishing.....highway driving is an awful experience.  All the black plastic on the outside fades in the sun, gets brittle and breaks.....the paint fades......water and wind leak around the hardtop.......it eats a set of tires every 25,000 miles and they are big and expensive.   We love it like a member of the family.

• Jay P

Any vehicle is fine until you compare it to another vehicle.  Only then can you get a sense of what you like, and what annoys you, about a vehicle.

• Scott

Sure, why wouldn't they be?

Not the most reliable.  Not the most comfortable,  But fine to drive.

i dont see why they wouldnt be