Verulam 1 asked in SportsHorse Racing · 2 months ago

American viewers - are you enjoying watching the strange Royal Ascot this year? We have Wesley Ward over with a few - he has 2 runners?

in the 1.15 (British time) today - second race and then Sharing runs later on. WW hasn't done much so far athough with Frankie D up, he had a 2nd in the 3.35 yesterday on Kimari which was good going considering Frankie missed the break!!

Update:

To put some 'British' racing here  LOL.

Update 2:

Well Frankie certainly put on the after-burners on the final day of racing. WW got his win on Campanelle via his horse + Frankie who then went on to pick up 2 more wins equalling Jim Crowley's tally of 6 wins, but ended up Top Jockey at the Meeting with his 2nds and 3rds. Nice! Those who were able to be there certainly did their best to make up for the lack of spectators round the winners enclosure. I think those who managed to put on Royal Ascot at all this year, deserve every congratulations.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Frankie D raced amazing in this years Royal Ascot, Hat Trick and all. Nando Parrado upset at 150/1 was certainly a jaw dropper. I wish I had a piece of that. What a great meeting, even though it lack it's normal Royal luster, however, it just might be our new normal though I hope not. Same in America with our Triple Crown being backwards this year. It lead off today with the first leg of the Triple Crown (June 20) in New York with no fans in attendance and at a distance of 1 1/8 miles instead of the 1 1/2-mile “test of the champion” that has been a trademark for nearly 100 years. Tiz the Law won a clear victory today. Congratulations to all those involved to keeping such important events running in both to all coutries. (This question did not show up as posted until now, not sure why)?

• 2 months ago

O child, camera's have mirrors in them and seagulls never fly into building  - Enjoy the beautiful scenery and the free cash.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.