Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Im 20 can I stop my periods for a year SAFELY by going on medication? I have family problems with conceiving- is it safe for me?

So I don't have any issues with fertility or anything like PCOS but they run in my family. I am sick of periods and want to stop them for at least a year. The pain and discomfort is too much. Can I safely go on medication that is long term and still be able to conceive in the future

Eww periods r nasty to talk about ask something else instead U can talk about your boobs what size r they? 

• LizB

Hormonal BC has absolutely no impact on your future fertility. If you have trouble conceiving in the future, it is more likely to be the result or whatever runs in your family, a problem with your partner's fertility, or something else of which you are currently unaware. Past use of hormonal BC does not play a role.

That's a question for your ob/gyn, not YA.

I'm not sure that there are any "medications" that grantee you're period would stop.  Some hormonal based birth control methods reduce the number of periods, but I don't know that any of them stop them all together for a full year.You could get a hysterectomy -- but that means you could never have kids.

I have always wondered why people post medical questions here asking for answers that can only be found by talking to their family doctor or in this case your OB/GYN.

That's a good question for your OB GYN 😉

that is a question for your Doctor, not a bunch of screaming yahooligans .....................