Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysHalloween · 2 months ago

Is it weird I have never been to a halloween party?

granted I am only 20, when I was in high school I didn't party at all, and never got invited to any halloween party's. Is that weird or sad? Since I am of age now are clubs better to go to on halloween? Some old friends were talking about this topic and made me realize I have never been to one and kind of feel left out.

• 4 days ago

Are you in college, or do you have friends in college?  Unless they're COVID-cancelled, it should be easy for you to go to a college Halloween party.  Also, community centers, theaters, bars, or yes, even churches, or even bookstores, may have Halloween parties.  Look online for parties in your area. 

About bars and clubs: be careful not to overindulge; you could get sick, or others could take advantage of you.  Eat as well as drink.  I'd limit my alcoholic drinks to two. 

You might also consider throwing your own party with a few friends. 

If COVID cancels gatherings, then attend a virtual Halloween party--or create one!  Don't forget your costume! 

A warning: different kinds of Halloween parties have different levels of behavior.  Beware getting in over your head.  Take care of yourself and your friends. 

I an 70+ and haven't been to a Halloween Party since I was about 7 or 8, its no big deal.