Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 2 months ago

Where can I get a version of Mozart's Turkish March non-copyright?

I need it to be the same beats per minute (around 133) as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxTnEEETbo

Youtube thumbnail

<----- this one is copyrighted. Please help

What do you mean by non-copyright? What do you need it for and why does it have to have 133 beats per minute? I don't know of any musician who counts how many beats they play a minute. You play according to the meter signature and the metronome markings.

IMSLP also has recordings along with Sheet Music. Find one without a publisher, it's too old to be still owned just my Mozart.

IMSLP. The best.

Many older musical compositions - the printed music of the composers original work - are public domain.  Editions and arrangements are copyrighted. So are all commercial recordings.  Sometimes artists will generously waive that, essentially making a universal gift.  But your chances of finding that is slim. You want that work at a specific bpm? Get someone to play it for you as you record them.  Lifting commercial recordings for your own use is stealing.

Source(s): Career classical musician since 1973.

Do you want to listen to it or play it on the piano or what?  

I don't know what you mean by being “copyrighted” but the only way you will find a recording of something that is no longer in copyright is to look for something that was first published 70 or more years ago (that time might vary in some countries).