Anonymous

How come people think that an city police officer can arrest me for not wearing a face mask in public ?

So our city has just passed an stupid face mask mandatory requirement and I'm upset about it. I have bipolar disorder, asthma and anxiety and wearing this face mask is going to suffocate me cause I'm gonna be breathing in my own breath over and over again. I told andy that I'm not going to listen and just either not wear one or wear a rag over my mouth. I tried wearing a mask a while back when I was flying and I couldn't breath at all. Andy and everyone called me selfish and told me that I'm hurting people. I'm not trying to hurt anybody. I just can't wear one cause of my illnesses. I believe having bipolar disorder and asthma is considered an underlying health condition so I can probably get away with it. Andrew told me that I'm going to go to jail for not wearing one. How come people think that I can go to jail for not wearing one ?? How come they don't understand that I can't wear one cause of my mental illness ??

true story...I was sitting outside on residential property by myself  as allowed without a mask on...neurotic a hole neighbor whined to PD.....PD ordered me inside, if I failed to comply, I could have been arrested.  PD has since admitted they were wrong....but they would have still arrested me for doing nothing wrong at that time.

so now you have asthma?  if you have a legit medical reason you can't wear a mask, get a doctors note to carry with you. 

Most people with asthma can wear a mask.  Bipolar if you really had it would not be a valid medical excuse.

Blah, blah, blah.

Whine, whine, whine.

None of the conditions you mention are valid reasons to not wear a mask in public.   That you live at home with your elderly parents and refuse take precautions for their protection shows just how selfish, disrespectful and ignorant you are.

Being autistic is not a free pass and being a spoiled brat and inept troll is not a disability, jacob.

• Random

You don't get a free pass to break the law just because you have mental issues.

They can make something up and arrest you, they do sometimes. Then your solicitor says if it's right or not but that will be in a few hours time.

• KaleyK

Here is what you need to know ... a sworn police officer has the legal authority to place you under arrest ... to take you in to custody ... and deliver you to the county jail.  Notice I did not specify any crime.  That's because a sworn police officer has the legal authority to place you under arrest, take you in to custody, and deliver you to the county jail.  Let me know if you need a third iteration.