Why are people hoarding ammo?

• C T M
    Favorite Answer

Why do you think Kayla......have you seen what's going on right now? Riots, looting, pandemic, shortages of essentials.....I think the real question here is why weren't you able to figure this out all by yourself. 

Source(s): Did you know they changed the name of common sense to uncommon sense because so few people have it.

Well I cant tell you why other people hoard ammo, but I can tell you why I hoard ammo.  I have amassed 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo over the years.  I keep a large stockpile of ammo because I shoot a lot and I dont want different situations in this country to hinder what I love to do.  This country has suffered through ammo shortages and panic buying like whats going on now, but I still have enough ammo to last me for the next year.  I remember during the ammo shortage 22LR was especially hard to find.  I was selling 50 round boxes of 22LR to people for 25 bucks.  Which at any other time 25 bucks would buy you 500 rounds of 22LR.  

Some people hoard ammo because they have they fantastical ideas of pending doom.  Like ridiculous zombie apocalypse, or the downfall of society, or some natural disaster that thrusts the country into chaos.   

Fear. Thats all it is.

SO WHAT'S NEW?

It's been going on for years.

Always somebody is terrified that they shiny toy guns will be taken away. So they feel the need to buy more guns and Amo making the gun dealers rich.

And scaring the hell out of other people who in turn do the same.

One bunch of Trigger happy wackos leads to another bunch of even more trigger happy wacko's!

Because asshole liberals want to tax ammo or ban it. 

People think it won't be available anymore, or the price will shoot up and become too expensive.

The liberals who voted in anti-gun law politicians, now realize they only hurt themselves and are buying guns in record numbers.

They need to feed their new orphans.

Because of what’s going on. And because it’s pride month, and the pride wackos are dangerous

Same reason people were hoarding toilet paper and hand sanitizer: When people suddenly think they might need something but won't be able to buy it (at reasonable prices) they are going to panic buy whatever amount they can get their hands on.

For most, it is the SHTF thing. We the people may soon see another civil war if government keeps pushing it.

I shoot a LOT, so always had a good stockpile, reloads for my range day and such.

I shoot 200 to 500 rounds on shooting days and much more left over.

Just bought 2 bricks each of .22LR and magnum for plinking.

Agree with CTM..... lots of folks believe they may have to actually protect themselves- for the first time.