I went to the ATM and took money out, but the money never came out of the slot, what can I do?

The money never came out, but it came off of my account (and yes, the ATM was for my actual bank branch, not one of those third party ones)

Update:

Phoned the main toll free number, and they told me the money would be reimbursed after 24 hours, and it was. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Jenny
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

ATMs get balanced every day by the bank and on the day that you tried to make your withdrawal, the amount of money the ATM gave out didn't match the amount of money that was deducted from customers' accounts. 

Call your bank. They will adjust your account balance after they verified that the ATM didn't balance.

• 3 months ago

You don't have to worry much. Just work into the your bank of operation and notify them and they will tell you more on what to do so that your money will be safe.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

There should be a number on the ATM to call.  Be prepared for a fight.

• 3 months ago

This may not work but I think I tried this before where I inserted the card again, putting the amount as 0.00 then pressed enter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Complain to the bank; they often have security cameras at the ATM and may be able to verify what happened and put it back in your account.

• GFH
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Contact the bank immediately

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Call the bank and report it. You may have to show them the receipt showing the date and time you tried to make the withdrawal.  When they balance the ATM, it should be over.  They should be able to review the security footage and see that you did not get any cash.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Most sensible people would phone their bank.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

😄 That's ghetto af. 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

call the 800 number for your bank and talk to them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.