Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Can I work at slaughterhouse as a vegan?

I can but i can't believe that any vegan would do is. 

The Vegan Police will get you.

Funny thing is I watched a show or movie I don’t remember what was it but a Vegan worked at a Slaughterhouse.

If they'll take trolls, they'll take vegans.

Why on EARTH would you want to? Is there no other place to work? Or are you trying to find some place to preach?

Please don't. As a vegan you will find it incredibly upsetting. 

I have heard of food inspectors working at slaughterhouses who were so appalled at the trauma to animals and the sloppy work, combined with the high potential for contaminating the meat (and even observations like seeing sides of beef dropped onto the floor and then chucked back onto the assembly line) that they quit their jobs and became vegans.  I suspect that once you observe animals being slaughtered, and smell the blood and guts, you will change your mind working there.  Remember, whatever you put into your brain will stay there the rest of your life.  You really want to be traumatized by the frightened mooing of cows, the squawking of terrified chickens, the squeal of horrified pigs as they are shoved into the slaughter machines?

• kswck2

A paycheck is a paycheck. 

Who knows? If you can get a job there being vegan isn't going to bother your employer.

Your employer could care less about details of your lifestyle unless they interfere w your performance