mi asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 months ago

How do I respond to a friend being a bit difficult?

Basically I have depression and anxiety. However, him and my other friends also had it too but thing is, unlike them I used to complain a lot, this reduced but my friend now uses this against me in our argument.

His main argument is pretty much "You have the least symptoms, our lives were tougher and yet you complain the most so you should just mature up and change."

Does he have a point or is he incorrect?

Doesn’t matter, because your conduct isn’t his business. 

Feeling sorry for ourselves helps nothing, especially ourselves.

No one wants to be around a whiner...do you?

Everyone has their s**t to deal with and no matter how bad we think we have it, there is ALWAYS someone who has it worse.  Pain from loss/grief/life stuff is a temporary state.  Suffering is when we immerse ourselves in our pain after the cause of it is long gone, sometimes our entire lives, because we allow our negative thought patterns to control us.  How sad.

You can't control some of the stuff life throws your way, but you sure can control how you deal with it.  Start with being grateful for what you DO have.  You will be amazed how that can really turn your negative thought patterns around.