Ty asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 2 months ago

Is my spider bite healing?

I got bit two weeks ago by a spider. I didn’t know it was a spider bite until maybe 5 days to a week ago when I woke up to it bruised a bit and with a red ring around it. It itched but I bought some Benadryl itch cream and been icing it which stopped the itching and calmed the red ring down a bit. The bite itself is healed now but the ring is still there, it almost looks like a bruise. Does this mean it’s healing? It doesn’t hurt at all, I haven’t had any symptoms besides itchiness. I plan on going to urgent care soon but I thought I’d ask other people to see if it’s normal. Also, I don’t know what spider bit me. I never found it and it wasn’t a brown recluse. 

How do you know it wasn't a brown recluse or other venomous spider if you didn't see it or find it? I would call the clinic or TeleHealth before risking going into a clinic full of sick people. 

Its not a brown recluse just by the what your skin looks like, But yes, it is a bruise more or less, the blood leaking out under the skin (that is what a bruise is), will take some time to be broken down. Yes, its healing