How can I get rid of fruit flies in my house?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Put all fruit either in cabinets with the doors closed, in the refrigerator or otherwise in sealed containers, and don't open windows.

• Fubar
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Keep all your food covered and pour bleach down your drains inside outside. Fruit flies smell fruits or vegetables then find their way into your dwelling through cracks or window screens. Then they reproduce quickly. Fruit flies lay eggs on the skin of fruit that is ripe or fermenting. Information found on line

• J de H
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Hola no se de que mosca están hablando, la que conozco es muy pequeña y ataca a las ciruelas, manzanas, duraznos, etc.

En su estado adulto sale del suelo y pica el fruto para depositar los huevos que luego se convertirán en larvas las mismas se alimentas en el interior de la fruta.

El ciclo comienza en el suelo en la época invernal y donde pasa toda la temporada a inicios de primavera en el estado adulto en el que se encuentra pica la fruta donde deposita los huevos cuando empieza a tomar el color la fruta.

Para controlar la plaga hay que cortar alguno de los dos ciclos. cuando se encuentra en el suelo o cuando empieza a tomar color la fruta por medio de un insecticida repitiendo la pulverización en los 15 dias siguiente.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Make sure you do NOT leave any fruit out on the counters.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

put apple cider vinegar in a cup, and make a funnel out of paper and put it in the cup and wait a couple of days. the fruit flies will fall in and drown

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They usually lay their eggs in sink drains . 

I use baking soda and vinegar to clean them out.

Sink drains especially kitchen drains have the source of any fruit fly problem in my house . You can make traps to catch them but killing them at source is better . 

• Da
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Find the cause and clean it.

To kill them. Cut a plastic bottle 1/3 from the top. Pour Apple Cider Vinegar into the bottom with a couple drops of dish detergent. Turn the top upside down and stick it into the bottom. Make sure the opening (where the cap was) is about an inch above the vinegar. Seal it together with tape and place it where the majority of flies are.

• 2 months ago

Get rid of whatever food waste is attracting them.

They don't stick around when there's nothing to eat.

• 2 months ago

you might need an exterminator to do that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.