Ransom asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 month ago

As a man would you ever try on makeup?

Not drag queen style

• andy

No, I would not

You can still pull off a masculine look with subtle makeup

No...I'm not that desperate.

• ron h

Try?  I let a couple of girls do that to me once when I was 14.   Before and after that time, no.  In my world straight men don't wear makeup. 

I think to consider that makeup is only for women is an extremely narrow world ... There are numerous male makeup artists who wear makeup beautifully on social media. ... guy in the metro once who rocked MAC Teddy better than I ever can

I think boys from my high school put on make-up to cover up acne, but that

was it.

The only time I've had makeup on (and a LOT of it) was when I was in a couple of plays.  The lights really wash out the color if you don't wear makeup so they use a lot of it.

• fcas80

No, because I would look ridiculous.

If you are curious what you would look like in makeup, ask a female friend whose makeup you consider nicely done if she would give you a makeover for fun.  However, with today's coronavirus, insist that she use a mask and gloves.

I can't see any situation other than to hide something like a black-eye (hope that isn't racist) or cover a birth defect.

Oh hell yeah.  I'm an old 80's rocker, and that's just what rockers used to look like.  Look up Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt, even Metallica did photo sessions with eyeliner.

Believe it or not, there was a time when that was manly.