Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

Does Medicaid cover breathing machine for sleep apnea?

Recently I started waking up in the middle of the night choking. I also can't breathe while lying on my back. I also snore very loudly (recorded myself). So I'm pretty sure I have sleep apnea.

So how can I get a breathing machine through Medicaid?

hi everyone ,if anyone else trying to find out alternative sleep apnea treatments try Imforda Sleep Expert Guide(just google it ) ? Ive heard some super things about it and my buddy got amazing results with it.

You consult your doctor about your sleep issues, and they will likely send you to a sleep study overnight to monitor your breathing and see if you have apnea.  I think that, if a doctor says you require cPap, then you'll get the machine.  But i do know there are alternatives to cPap machines out there these days. You can google it. 

Best regards

• kelvin

your doctor would need to refer you to a sleep clinic to be tested

• Diana

Jim's advice was good.  Also, get a 3-corner pillow to keep your head raised.  If you don't have one, put two pillows beneath your head.  In addition, don't sleep on your back, because gravity puts a strain on your lungs.  

• Jim

Your doctor has to say that you need the machine.