Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Seniors, what if you died in your sleep any night, do you worry about it?

Dying in your sleep would be the nicest way to go. After that, I don't care. I'll be dead!!

even young people can die. 

I would rather not die in my sleep, but I don't worry about it.  Would hate to miss the last significant event in my life.

• kswck2

I would like to die peacefully, in my sleep like my grandfather did, unlike all the other people in his car at the time. 

No, why would I worry about it? I would rather die in my sleep anyway.

When you're dead you're dead, you won't feel nothing. But you will if you were in a car accident or seomthing like that tho. unless you die instantly 

• Sam

Actually I do worry about that.  

I worry about what will happen to my two cats.  They'll probably starve to death because i don't think they will eat me.  

As long as they survive, I have to survive too.  After they die, no more pets and I can die peacefully whenever. 

Dying in my sleep sounds like a much better option than many other ways of dying. We were all born to die one day. What is there to fear?  We are here for a reason and a season and it is up to us to use that period of time to live life in a good and decent way. If some people fear death it might be because of things they've done wrong. If that's the case those individuals should spend some time putting right anything that can be put right rather than worrying about dying.  No-one will put off death. When God calls we'll be going - that's a certainty. There'll be no point in crying "Hang on bit longer God, I'm not quite ready yet."

• ted

I don't worry about it at all.  

• Sky

Speaking as someone middle aged rather than a senior, if I died in my sleep either (1) I would be experiencing some sort of afterlife, in which case I'd be thinking, "Cool, this is interesting;" or (2) I would slip away into nonexistence, so I would not have any conscious awareness of my state of death in order to give a sh!t at all.  It's win-win.

I'm more worried about living than I am about dying.