michael asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 month ago

if i have a tv that has two HDMI ports what port do i hook the pc into the first on or the second one?


pc hooks from pc to tv

Update 2:

i also have a blu-ray player that i hook--up to the tv

Update 3:

also hook blu-ray up to the tv

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    It makes no difference unless you need HDMI wth ARC, 

    which on most TVs is available on only one input.

    In such a case, the konfuzer should be connected to the other input. 

  • 1 month ago

    Use either for whatever you like, it's just a different key press or menu selection to pick the appropriate input for the device you want to view.

    The only time using a specific port may matter is when it relates to audio devices; either a separate audio input with a DVI device connected to an HDMI port, or with a "Home theatre" amp instead if the TV speakers for audio, if the TV does not have audio return (ARC) on all HDMI ports.

  • 1 month ago

    Either will work.  you might have to go in to the settings and select the one you use

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.