why am I being threatened with my email being turned off if I dont verify?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Scam messages that request you to "verify" personal information to your email account must be ignored and deleted immediately. Never click on the attachment in the message of you'll risk unleashing malware or viruses on your computer or mobile device. Remember Yahoo would never send you unsolicited emails asking for your personal information.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

• 1 month ago

Do not answer that email it's a spam a trap a hack do not do it. Login to your email account. And go to its security settings and verify your information that way attackers and spammers and hackers use this all the time to gain your personal information

• 1 month ago

If you do not verify and prove your legitimacy, the email will be terminated as per the terms and services laid out for you when you activated it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • pmt853
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't give much information about who is threatening you or what they want you to verify but it does shout SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Just delete and block the sender.

• Because someone is scamming you.

• 1 month ago

It's a scam. Disregard and delete. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.