how many people let gas get below half a tank when you have money or card ?

Favorite Answer

I paid for the whole fuel gauge so I'm gonna use the whole fuel gauge!  In all seriousness though, so long as you aren't running your tank virtually empty before every single fill up you're not "saving anything" either money-wise or mechanically by never letting the tank level drop below half.  All you're doing is worrying for no reason.

Accepting a normal speed of 40kmh, you would spare almost 14 minutes by topping off half so much, twice as frequently. In the event that time is essential to you, at that point you can accomplish reserve funds of somewhere in the range of five and 14 minutes — relying upon the size of your vehicle — by just filling your tank to the half-full imprint $0.40cents cash back on every gallon of gas

I always drive until my reserve light comes on just above the red line, unless i am in a area there not many gas stations or i don't know where they are. always keeping gas in there will build up the crap at the bottom of your gas tank you don't want going though your engine, the older the gas the more crap the build up so if you just use your gas then less crap will build up, of course you will still get some you will need to fully clean your tank maybe every 10 years but not as much as you would build up always filling up at half a tank.

It happens several times when I drive across country. No harm was done.

I drive all day and let it get to a quarter tank than I get gas

I am sucking metal. 

In most situations, I try to run as low as possible close to under a 1/4 tank. That way you wash out 2/3 of the old fuel and water trapped in the fuel tank. Gasoline is cheap at $2 per gallon, that's about 35 miles per tire inflation and release massage in Detroit at the pump and go truck stop. That way all the pipes are clean.

• fuzzy

The Dmax fuel gauge says empty at about 600 km & it gets 8 - 8.8 l/100km. The tank is 75l. This didn't add up to me so early in my ownership I deliberately ran it empty & recorded the extra distance. Seems I have almost 200 km reserve!! Hence I start looking for a cut price servo when my odo hits 600 km or the gauge reads zero.

• F

Depends where I am , and how petrol stations there are, but normally refuel at about 1/4.

I have a card that gets me points when I buy groceries.  I can save $1.00 per gallon, so I wait untill the warning light comes on to buy gas.  I usually save about $15.00

Why wouldn't you?