Could a bumpy car ride harm a laptop?

If you put your laptop on the back seat, and drive through a 100 miles long bumpy road, could that harm your laptop?

Update:

By the way, my laptop has an SSD. 

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I doubt there would be any damage. I've taken my laptop on a 4k-5k mile round trip from NorCal to central Mexico by car without issues. And the roads in Mexico are garbage with tons of potholes and random, unmarked speed bumps. I'm pretty sure your laptop can make a 100 mile trip no problem.

• 1 month ago

no it should not damage a laptop but a hard drive it might, but as you said you have a ssd then no no chance in damage

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't think so, maybe if it had a hdd or unless it was really really bumpy...

• Steven
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No, it could not. Enjoy your ride! If it gets damaged just in the bumpy road car drive, all laptop companies would be closed.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Could do if someone gets car sick and vomits all over it.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Short answer NO it will be fine.  Laptop's are actually designed to withstand quite a bit of vibration, even the ones with traditional hard drives.  Common vibration caused by a bumpy car is well with it's ability to withstand assuming it's properly stored within the car (in a padded case or is physically held). 

• 2 months ago

There is no scientific evidence that a bumpy car ride can help to bring on labour. ... Although there is no evidence that taking a bumpy car ride works, rest assured that it won't harm your baby either. Your baby is well-cushioned by your pelvis, tummy muscles and the amniotic fluid that surrounds her.

• 2 months ago

no harm would come to the laptop

• Ron75
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

If your seat isn't hard and it doesn't bounce around a lot then you should have no problem but I would make sure it couldn't slide or bounce out of the seat.

Ron

• 2 months ago

No - How was it delivered to your property?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.