Could a bumpy car ride harm a laptop?

If you put your laptop on the back seat, and drive through a 100 miles long bumpy road, could that harm your laptop?

By the way, my laptop has an SSD. 

Favorite Answer

I doubt there would be any damage. I've taken my laptop on a 4k-5k mile round trip from NorCal to central Mexico by car without issues. And the roads in Mexico are garbage with tons of potholes and random, unmarked speed bumps. I'm pretty sure your laptop can make a 100 mile trip no problem.

no it should not damage a laptop but a hard drive it might, but as you said you have a ssd then no no chance in damage

I don't think so, maybe if it had a hdd or unless it was really really bumpy...

• Steven

No, it could not. Enjoy your ride! If it gets damaged just in the bumpy road car drive, all laptop companies would be closed.  

• F

Could do if someone gets car sick and vomits all over it.

• P

Short answer NO it will be fine.  Laptop's are actually designed to withstand quite a bit of vibration, even the ones with traditional hard drives.  Common vibration caused by a bumpy car is well with it's ability to withstand assuming it's properly stored within the car (in a padded case or is physically held). 

There is no scientific evidence that a bumpy car ride can help to bring on labour. ... Although there is no evidence that taking a bumpy car ride works, rest assured that it won't harm your baby either. Your baby is well-cushioned by your pelvis, tummy muscles and the amniotic fluid that surrounds her.

no harm would come to the laptop

• Ron75

If your seat isn't hard and it doesn't bounce around a lot then you should have no problem but I would make sure it couldn't slide or bounce out of the seat.

Ron

No - How was it delivered to your property?