If a tenant offered you $20,000 for property and told you not to be insulted, What is he trying to say or mean?

Update:

HE KNOWS I PAID $30,000 FOR IT

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Lolly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What difference does it make? It's a business proposition, nothing to judge an emotional response about. A simple "no" is enough.

• 1 month ago

it means he or she values where he/she lives in 

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Just laugh your head off and walk away.

• Dan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If offended, you'd get upset and tell him off. If not offended, you may make a counteroffer. There is a market price you can look up. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It means what he said. He's aware it's a lower offer, but he's still making the offer. You're not required to accept it. I'm not sure why you're getting emotional about this. It's just business. Don't like the offer? Politely decline.

• 1 month ago

It means he's willing to pay you $20k for the property, and if you think that's too low he doesn't want you to be offended or insulted. Perhaps that is all he can afford to pay and he thought it was worth a shot to see if you wanted to cut your losses and sell.

• R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Who cares what he means. Just politely tell him No Thanks.

Just like the last time you asked a variation of this question.

• 1 month ago

He feels he is lowballing you.

• 1 month ago

It's just what he is saying.... Either he thinks that is what it is worth, or that is what he can afford. I look at a lot of real estate. It is not uncommon for someone to have overpaid (particularly at the height of the "stated income" mortgage boom, and then end up selling for 2/3 of that price later..... Real estate is worth what someone will pay, and that is all it is worth.

• 1 month ago

Perhaps that they think it's worth more, but that's all they can afford.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.