? asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Apart from water what is good for the liver the morning after drinking?

I heard juice of cranberries is, and that science has not verified this.

Can you say first if you are American, as Americans can be a bit robotic 

Favorite Answer

Whey or brine from cabbage (sauerkraut)

In the morning, brine as first aid. It has salt, minerals, and vitamin C for exhaustion and headache. Salty and sour soup (tomato) is also great.

Later, in the afternoon, whey, because it has proteins and phosphorus to patch my liver.

Certainly not any carbonated drinks, that would increase the damage to the liver.

I'm European. I'm not a robot.

cranberry juice is good for your kidneys. Your liver metabolizes EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. 

Making a vow to not drink that much the following night. I do that every morning.

Gatorade has been slightly more effective than Powerade in my experience.

Even better though is not drinking especially if underaged and/or pregnant.

• Walt

cranberry juice is good so is the blue power ade helps to

• kswck2

Chocolate Milk-cures hangovers too. 

• D50

Remembering to drink a lot of water and take an aspirin the night before is more important. The problem is that it's hard to remember anything when you're drunk.

If your stomach and liver is upset, ginger beer will soothe your stomach.  It's not alcoholic, it's just brewed like beer for a very strong ginger taste.  Much more intense than ginger ale

• Janet

You have already done the damage, and there is nothing that will undo it. Same thing with brain damage that drinking causes.

The damage is small, but it builds up over time and by the time you feel the results, it is too late. Alcohol is a poison, and that is why you get "high" off it. 

cranberries might be good for it