What is a good laptop to buy for $400-$500 dollars?

I need a good laptop for work and school, what would you recommend?

I hear macs were good but they're expensive 

Look into the Motile laptops. There are 2 of them, one with a better processor and more memory. They are a Walmart brand, but they have amazing reviews, and are upgradeable. Check YouTube.

Acer, if all you have is $500.

HP Chromebook x2 is the good laptop to buy.

You can buy HP laptop

◦•●◉✿ plυмdυмplιngѕ ✿◉●•, well I can't say you are able to follow along with me good enough. I think you should learn how to carefully read what someone says.

Where I am from I use the dollar, and the symbol is $.

That depends on what exactly you would be doing with a laptop. The laptops that I have I use, for making websites, and surfing the word wide web.

If you don't know exactly what you would be doing with a computer then I suggest you find out first before buying one.

Good computers would most likely cost you somewhere between $20,000-$30,000, or maybe more money. These type of computers are custom made, and you probably won't see a computer in this price range anywhere you look.

You would have to do what I did, and that's to ask an I.T. guy face to face about it. I am an I.T. guy, but I don't specialize in computer hardware. You would have to find someone who does.

I.T. consists of 4 different fields: Networking, hardware, software, the internet.

I did see a computer that was worth about $5,000, and it was already built. I just asked an I.T. guy how much is your most expensive computer, and he showed me the 5K computer, and he also said that he could build one, for me if I needed a better computer. I was at place that sells computers, and this is where I asked!

If you were to go even cheaper then you would be sacrificing the quality of the computer, so no, you won't be getting a good computer. Maybe you could find a decent computer, for that price range!

I own 6 laptops. Some of them are around your price range, and some of them are cheaper. Sometimes I might spend weeks, or months just looking at the specs of laptops, and I think about which laptops would be good, for me to use.

I have, and use decent computers, and I have some computers that are not even decent. I don't have a problem with using, and working with a decent computer, I think maybe you might need a more expensive computer.

I was considering either buying the 5 thousand dollar computer, or $20,000 - $30,000 dollar computer.

Regarding macs, yes I used it before, but I don't own a mac. The computers that I am talking about in my answer don't come from Apple, and I would not be surprised if those computers that I mentioned are much better than whatever Apple sells.

I already know what I do with computers, so that makes it easier, for me to choose which computer to buy. I assume you want to be happy with whatever you buy, so there is a lot you would have to think about before buying a computer.

Well what I said above is the best advice I can give to you with what you already provided!

• Enigma

Don't bother with a Mac,get your self a decent Chromebook ,they have all you'll need for work and school.

....................

• Bill-M

Your not going to get a good laptop for that price.  You will find laptops in that price range but they are built on the Cheap Side and will not last long.

Your looking at between $800 and $1200 for a laptop that will last.

I recommend looking at Dell Web page.  Find what you want and then Call them.

• Scott

Laptops rarely last more than three years. So the key is to get one with a solid-state drive and an extended warranty. Personally I like Dell and Hewlett-Packard laptops.