Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Girlfriend dumped me because I never helped her financially.Shed ask me for $20 and I wouldnt give her a cent.Is she wrong or am I too cheap?

42 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No it was smart of you. That’s a bad indicator. It means she’s possibly into your money more than you. If you had fast forwarded that little movie and you had married her, possibly she would’ve had your head on the chopping block in a brutal and bloody no-fault divorce after you had sacrificed everything for her for a number of years and maybe even brought children into the world with her.

I’d say it was a good move on your part. Think of it as a little test that she did not pass.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What has she done for you, and why post such a question anonymously ?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Wouldn’t give a cent? Have you paid for other things like dinner if you went out? Groceries? Did you ever contribute? Were you both financially stable? Who made more? Was their a power-dynamic? How long were you both together? All relevant to know before we can judge. 

• 1 month ago

A relationship is 50/50 so if she helped you and you never helped her then i don't blame her for leaving. A relationship is a partnership. Sometimes you have to help each other if life throws you a curveball and you lose your job but then when you get back up on your feet again you help your partner if they need just like they helped you. So if this is the case and she helped you but you won't help her then yes you're too cheap and you need to work on that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Be thankful that you got away really cheap. Another girl may ask for $25.00.

Next time you date, make it clear that you are only willing to give her two dollars. 

Enjoy single life  buddy.

• 1 month ago

Too cheap really.  If it were a habit she had, that's one thing. But if you were on occasion asked, that's another story.  Legitimacy of need is a factor in these things as well as how much did she totally depend on you.

• 1 month ago

You a cheap mofo

• 1 month ago

well $20 one time isn't much.  So you might just be too cheap.  Then again if she makes the request a weekly thing then you would be a patsy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

My guess would be that you're cheap AND repetitive.  Neither is an attractive trait.

• 1 month ago

Need to know more.   Was she standing in line at the pharmacy and realized that she did not have her wallet, and you were there and would not help?   Your bad.

She just randomly ask for $20 now and then , like maybe after a BJ?

That could be her bad.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.