Mier
Mier asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

We’re you watching Football in 80s when Da Bears were known as “The Monsters of the Midway” ?

• Kathy
    Favorite Answer

I have been watching football since I was a kid in the 60's. My dad was a big Packer fan. So am I.

Chicago Chipmunks maybe but Bears never

A little.  I was aware of the Bears becoming good and I did watch the 85 Super Bowl, but I was 12, and my football obsession was just starting to get going.  I paid more attention the next year when the Giants won (as I'd moved from NJ just a few years earlier) and REALLY got entranced in 87 when the Redskins won (that's where my family had moved TO).  And I even had a fondness for the 49ers who then won the next two, then followed by wins by NY again and WAS again.

But the Bears didn't have the staying power of those teams.  They didn't become irrelevant, but they weren't serious contenders anymore.  So they were descending just as my interest was ascending.

no, ive never been much into sports