What are the dangers of this?

So a week ago I went to planned parenthood to get sti tested because I was having burning when I pee. The doctor said she was gonna prescribe me uti medication in the meanwhile my prescription came in. I didn’t think it was a uti since I used to get those and know it was different I kind of had a feeling it was chlamydia because recently a guys ex gf (she saw I was going over his house through instagram) told me he had chlamydia in the past so to get tested and so I knew. Anyway point is I never went to go pick up the pills that day and today my doctor called saying I did have chlamydia and she sent my prescription to the same ones she did with the uti. When I got my pills I saw there was one that said to drink 2 at once and the other said drink 2 for 3 days. I drank 3 at once. One was sulfamethoxazole and the 2 were azithromycin. I realized right now since I was doing research that the sulfamethoxazole I drank was for uti. Could this possibly make the azithromycin fail or could something bad happen for this mistake?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, don't worry about it. They're both antibiotics, but some work better for different things. Just keep taking the azithromycin as prescribed. Put the other container away. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.