My girl doesn’t support black lives matter ?

I’m not black but i do sympathize with the racism that African Americans have to endure everyday in this country and I am supporter of black lives matter. This girl that I’ve been dating doesn’t really support it. She says that she’s indifferent, she doesn’t hate the movement but she feels like it’s something she won’t speak on or support. I’ve tried to accept it but honestly it just feels weird that I support but my girlfriend doesn’t. I feel that we should support it together. I even thought about breaking up with her, but I don’t know because she’s actually a nice person. I just don’t it to seem like that I’m dating a racist. My mom said that she think the girl might be racist if she doesn’t support it, and my mom never really like her much anyway. I just don’t how to feel, I try to accept that she doesn’t have the same beliefs as me but it’s hard. It’s almost like a Christian dating a atheist..

• Paloma

I would say that you are with whom you like to be. With the time couples adapt to each other.  If she's the one for your whole life, endure and you'll get to know her more and more..time will give you the answer to your question.  One or the other be adaptable to personal ideas or be capable of change.  Change is something that always happens in our lives. It is fantastic to take mom into account but your will be the only one that completely get to now how she'll be in the future.  Though, my opinion is that we are all unique, and there's people who rather not say opinions about others: which means respect others' life.

• car253

There is a good and bad in Black Lives Matter.   It is complicated.   Do not let that discourage you.

Dude!  You love the person inside of her! Just because you don't have the same belief's, be it political or whatever, don't judge her by her own opinions. She is allowed her own way of thinking. Doesn't make her predjudice, just thinks differently than you.  If you love her alot,  don't bring up that stuff. Agree to disagree. You may lose a great girl if you just let her go because she thinks independently.

Source(s): 52 years on earth 🤣😂

Very smart girl, she should dump your asssss---

I agree with girlfriend. worked with ( went to school with too)  people form all over world .black .yellow .brown etc  racism is like a peer group or tribal effect.  occurs. all over world as part pop norm human behaviour . much like a ginger haired person gets picked on or person with disability to wearing glasses will get bullied and sidelined . ( a form of racism by peer group and tribe)  so very aware history and bad things that occurred in past . However  to say simply 'black lives matter' should only be in concept of  things . reality is ALL lives matter and sinking out back only is in itself a form or racism !  guy in UK  flew a banner of a football club saying 'white lives matter' as a way of saying we too matter!  he got sacked and banned from his club for life. A university lecture said wheat lives do not matter .. she was supported in that stamens by university and was not sacked or even asked  to leave etc so c currently we are facing a black is superior  form of  bullying . Yo may have seen the pressure to have white people 'bend the knee' ( form of submission )  and not black etc  so  be careful what you look at in world it's not 'black  and white'. I have also seen race card  played by black people to get  step up ladder  over others !  life is never fair and we cannot change past but it is important to see where it was wrong in history and work to ensure we all have equal treatment in  life. At moment seems more like pendulum has swung too far other way. So try and look at history and keep in mind we cannot be blamed for our forefathers  actions when in that day and time such actions were seen as normal.  Slavery for example  was going on for hundreds of years before any white men adopted the practise when they came across it. Yet funnily enough it was white men whom  realised it was wrong and started dup put a stop to it .Uks royal navy being  employed to stop and inspect ships for slaves etc  .try looking up William Wilberforce . or amount Uk spent as  GDP in that time to fee slaves and stop  further slavery. Yes UK was guilty of past  wrong doing as was Roman Italy.  Vikings. Africans.Arabs etc  but  being aware and having guilt over our ancestors is one thing . Expecting  all to bend the knee etc is  not correct way to heal things or go forward. It is you that needs to adjust values and not try  and put GF under pressure to conform to your values or bending a knee !

• KTJoe

J.R. to involved in BLM, and you don't care about girlfriend. Right now nothings going on in life and BLM fills a void excitement, noise here today gone tomorrow next friends have differences but they remain friends because they genuinely like being around each other just purer fun. Girlfriend won't speak or support, because she see's friendship as more important. Not hard to accept right. 

Give your girlfriend some room and time, J.R.  The BLM movement is simply calling for equal justice for people of color, but you might be able to get her empathy flowing if you tie the movement to women's rights in the U.S. and around the world.  A healthy debate is good for most relationships if the goal is to open minds and explore meanings from other people's perspectives while comparing these meanings with your own ideas.  

My large family had weekly no-holds-barred debates, with all six kids and my dad each having a different point of view.  Pop would throw out a hypothetical question, such as "Do any of you think God is a woman?" and we'd be off to the proverbial races---what I liked to call our "Cosmic Burp".  I'd say "Since the physical world is an illusion and the unseen Omnipotent All is the only reality, your question is moot," to which my fundamentalist Baptist brother would say, "Don't listen to her---she's a liberal" and then expound upon the idea that his version of "God" prefers a "patriarchal" (male-dominated) society, and each of my sisters would pipe in with totally different perspectives. It was similar to driving on a California freeway and appeared as if we were fighting to outsiders, but it was our family's idea of "fun."  Mary Matalin (Republican strategist for GHW Bush) and Bill Clinton's political guru, former Marine James Carville, ended up married and now live in New Orleans, still married.  Keep an open mind.  

• j153e

There's "black lives are worthy," and there's a marxist "Black Lives Matter" organization with a different agenda.  Knowing the difference helps:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/06/t...

Would suggest you give her the gift of reading together Shaunti Feldhahn's "For Couples Only."

• Polly

Red flags aren't always easy to see, but if you have a nagging feeling and you put your doubts out to other people, it's a red flag, and if your mother doesn't like her, that's already 2 solid red flags. One red flag is usually enough to get out of the relationship for most people. When we bargain with ourselves, we are very conflicted, and that's a clue that this person does not have the strength of character that you deserve. 

I know, because I ignored a big red flag when my former BF wasn't listening to me telling him to stop his car, and he rear-ended a woman's bumper and did more damage to his car. She suggested to pull over at the next cross street, but when he didn't turn onto the cross street but instead, waved toward her, and said, "See ya, sucker!" I was appalled. It ran against my sense of decency, and I bargained that away because he was fun to be with and made me laugh a lot, and he said he didn't stop because he had just let his insurance lapse, also a red flag, that he justified breaking the law. A couple of years later he broke up with me by ghosting me! (I could hear the echo of him saying, "See ya, sucker!") You can't get your belongings back when someone ghosts you. You can't get closure when someone ghosts you. You end up alone trying to figure it all out (and the simple conclusion should be that this person doesn't have decent values, things are not likely to work out, and they aren't worthy of my time.) If I were in your place I'd see this as a HUGE difference in values, and from what I've researched on relationships shared values is the major element that keeps people together. When people of color continue getting murdered for the color of their skin it's criminal and must be treated as such. Can you empathize with African American parents who put so much care and hope in raising their children, and live with the constant worry that their kid/kids will be murdered so casually and callously as that horrible ex-cop who knelt with all his weight on George Floyd's neck, with his hands in his pockets, because George Floyd could not resist or do anything but plead to breathe air in that position? I can't possibly fully imagine putting so much effort into raising a child who is so likely of being murdered by a cop. How would that type of future benefit anyone? We're lucky there are so many decent African American's on this planet, considering the ever-present threat of being killed. If the racists want people of color to behave better, all people deserve to be respected and valued and they will behave better. People who abuse or murder others need to be prosecuted for their crimes. Did your girlfriend watch the video of the murder of George Floyd? Did she see how easily that cop murdered that man? Did she watch the full video and see George Floyd's head, neck, body flop over like a slab of meat showing that he was absolutely lifeless? Did she see how easily it was for that cop to murder without any sort of remorse? If she has no sympathy after seeing that video and continues to be racist, I don't think there's any hope for her. There are plenty of awesome women out there looking for a guy with decent values. I'm positive you will find one and be much, much happier. 

Source(s): experience

Tbh, I think you should break up with her. If your mom doesn't like her and she's not on the same level as you, It's going to be very difficult to cope with her. It's best to be safe than sorry dude. Just looking out for your well being.😊