What color goes well with maroon(not burgundy but MAROON)?

I’m redecorating my bedroom and I just bought a great looking maroon comforter what color should I paint my walls?

Favorite Answer

Yesa light medium gray on the one wall where your head board will go.

Then look for art work from lowes, ross, or bed bath and beyond or cost plus...a large art piece above bed and your next big wall. The other wall id do a calendar clock, cork board dry erase board. Maybe your desk could go here.

Black furniture pieces would also look nice

a version of green that is more like a hotdog relish kind of green(not clean green)or maybe pond slime green which is not a grass green.

Saying the name maroon does not matter. There is no such universal one color for that. Check at any paint store and you will see there is 40+ shades of maroon ish color.

It is like the color red(which shade of red? blood red or dark blood red or light blood red or even lighter.  100 dozen shades of red. 

I'd say a very light blue

A pale, warm grey.  A light beige would be OK but that is too much like the ubiquitous Magnolia. 

• drip

I would go with a pale warm gray shade 

Not a whole lot goes with maroon. I would stick with white, cream or maybe gray for the walls. 

You can consider one wall a shade of mustard and the rest with magnolia or canary yellow.  If you want something bold instead of mustard replace with deep turquoise.

• Goerge

Earthy colors because maroon is a mix of reds and browns.

A pale cream color