Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 month ago

Is my nipple normal?

Around my nipple, I feel little bumps, I've had cysts before so I am thinking it could be a cyst. It's close to the outside, I feel them through my shirt and dont really have to look for them. However, recently, I am noticing it closer to my areola area, where it looks like bigger goosebumps that raise when my nipples get hard and flatten when they're soft. However, Im not pregnant and never have been so Im unsure if it they're montgomerys glands. Any have experience w/this?

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Those are called 'montgomery glands' and they are absolutely normal parts of the human (male and female) breasts.  They react to stimuli just like your nipples do and for females they will be more sensitive during certain times in her cycle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.