s asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I’m 15...I’m 5’2 and 155 pounds. On top of that I’m curvy with 36B chest. Am I doing something wrong. I don’t really know what I doing?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Wrong in what way? 

Please, please, please understand that your value as a person, your intelligence, success, and popularity aren't based on your weight or your bra size.  Reaching a healthy weight is merely a way to support you in reaching your life goals. If you are 155 pounds, you are overweight. That usually means you are an overeater. You are old enough now to start understanding how food is fuel and how a lot of common food products have lots of calories and very little nutrition. If you're family has a lot of junk food and or you tend to eat when you are bored, sad, etc. you need to see those things as a behavior you can change. You can download a free app like MyFitnessPal or Lose It where you can track the calories and nutrition of what you consume.  You should probably be eating about 1200-1500 calories a day unless you are extremely active.  Try keeping under the 1500 daily limit and improving the quality of the foods you choose.   You can also get your body moving everyday with it is walking or riding a pike, playing tennis, or doing an exercise program. Developing strength, flexibility, and endurance will help you feel better about yourself and also give you a body that will support your goals in others areas.  

Lv 7
    1 month ago

How can we know if you are "doing something wrong" when you didn't share what you are doing. You provided zero info on what your daily diet is like (how much and what you eat), or if you exercise or not (and if you do, what type of exercise, how intensely, how long, and how frequently). 

Make a lifestyle change. 80% of fat loss is about what you eat, so that’s more important than exercise. Any "diet" you go on may help you lose some weight but you'll tend to gain it back if you go back to your previous ways. Unhealthy diets also can cause weight loss of tissue other than fat (such as muscle, especially if your calorie intake is too low). Use a calculator like this one https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to determine about what your calorie intake should be. You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats and and plenty of water. Keep your calories at a healthy level when working to lose fat. Cardio exercise is ideal for burning some extra calories. If you don't have an exercise program you want to use, youtube has TONS of fitness videos you can check out, not to mention just getting outdoors and going for a walk, run, or bike ride.

When you reach your goal, simply modify your calorie intake and/or exercise to allow you to maintain your weight instead of continuing to lose.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Relax.  Take a breath.

The answer is yes, you are totally messing with your metabolism by regularly consuming added sugars. 

YOU couldn't possibly know this.  Your DOCTOR likely only knows PART of what I am talking about.  You were taught from birth that sugar was food.   It actually is poisonous when consumed every day. 

Yes, most people you know are doing this to themselves,  too.  This is the cause of 85% of obesity and 99% of diabetes II.  And most heart disease. And most acne.

The fructose half of sugar is the toxic half, but only toxic when consumed regularly (just like alcohol).

BABIES get 'prescribed' formula that is mostly sugar, but that's changing over to one of the safe sugars; lactose.   This is why baby obesity exists.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.