What can i do to improve my life?

My husband is dying of cancer... He probably only has a year left, but he alienated me from my friends so the few i did have, i don't have anymore. I'm a complete loser... I'm losing my looks, i'm on disability, no one likes me and i have a awful personality/am weird so no one wants to be around me. My husband is/was all i had... After he dies i won't have anyone. What can i do because i just kind of want to die at this point...

First of all---you are not a loser.

Why would I say this?

God loves you so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to live a perfect sinless life and to die on the cross to pay the penalty price for your sins and redeem you to God the Father.  If God loves you, you are indeed valuable.

What is your relationship like with Jesus?

If you don't have one or you know who Jesus is but not much more than that---then you need to find out who Jesus is and once you do---start the relationship that will never end.

God knows everything about us.  He knows every thought, action, and feeling we have ever had, yet God still wants a relationship with us.  Isn't that wonderful news?!

God is holy and perfect.  So how do sinners like us get to approach God who is perfect.  We cannot pay the penalty price for our sins on our own--there is nothing we can do to take away our sins on our own.

That is why God sent His Son, Jesus.  If we are willing to have a great relationship with God's Son and trust Jesus and His words completely and know that only through the blood of Jesus is the penalty of our sins "paid in full" and through His death at the cross are we able to be cleansed of our sins, then we are accepted by God.

We are saved because of the grace of God (we did not earn salvation) through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did at the cross, not by good works so no one can boast. The more you get to know Christ, He will change you and you will do things that He wants because you want to please Him as a child pleases a parent or a spouse pleases their mate.

To improve your knowledge of Christ, I would suggest listening to or reading the Bible starting with the New Testament and finding a non-denominational Bible-based church that has a class for newcomers to Christ.

Attached is the Gospel of John, my favorite movie of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchB_CEg5VI

Youtube thumbnail

If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the comments section.

God Bless

Really you never stop being mean do you ? Your a horrible person you are......

Sounds like you answered your own question.

• RP

Try to get in touch with your former friends to see if you can reestablish your relationships. Also, there are many support groups for people in your situation. If you ask his care provider, s/he should be able to refer you to these resources.

You had friends, perhaps even family that cared about you, so you aren't that pathetic person you think you are. Reach out to them again, Some you may have lost, but others might have just been waiting for a sign from you that their communication was welcome. 

By the way the worry about the cancer his dying and shouldn't be ALL you have in life specially if that man was so selfish or controlling to isolate you in this way. 

u may try to reach out for your old friends. if they were real friends they will forgive u and take u back. and everyone is loosing looks getting old, u re not the only one

you'll probably be messed up during his death and for awhile after that but you can recover and should move on.