How is the MOTOROLA BGW210-700 going to work. AT&T person told me just to hook it up to the cable jack?

The device is suppose to give me WiFi and it’s self installed. Curious because she didn’t bring up the concept of cable, which isn’t included with my friends rent. She said just to hook it up to a cable port in the wall.

• VP

That appears to be a DSL router/gateway.  You'll need to connect the router's "Broadband" port to your phone jack. If you have a nearby phone you'd connect the phone base to the router's "Phone Lines 1&2" port.

• BigE

They probably meant phone jack not cable tv.  It is a VDSL modem/router that uses the landline phone connection to connect to the ISP.  Most likely, you aren't using it.  If you are, you either use the phone jack on the unit or you need to install filters.

• Lv 7

yeah, it's a router, so once you connect the cable, it gets internet, and outputs wifi. not sure where the .ystery is here.