Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

Are there any affordable portable ac units that don't require a window but also don't humidify the air?

I need an ac unit that doesn't need any venting to cool down my room because we don't have ac here but all the personal sized units require water and humidify the air. Its already super humid here so this would be ineffective. I am looking to spend no more than $100 and would prefer to spend less than that

• roger
    Favorite Answer

A/C units make more heat than cold. So they need venting to work. An evaporative cooler cools by evaporating water. Thus it has to increase humidity. You might be able to set up a dehumidifier and an evaporative chiller. But you will have to drain the water. But the hot air has to go somewhere.

Under $100?  Not going to happen.

• Da

No can do.

Try an evaporative fan

Simple answer, no there aren't any. Non- evaporative air conditioners require venting. Where do you think that the hot air goes otherwise.

$100 or less???  Good luck.

I guess you haven't seem the adds for the battery powered air conditioner that uses water to cool you anywhere....