Macbook pro 13in 2020?

I just got a macbook pro 13in 2020 version and the first thing i noticed out of the box was the fact that it would get pretty hot. Just going through the setup when first turning on the macbook it got pretty warm and the first day of using it the laptop shutoff by itself and restarted and displayed a error message that there was a problem. So i found that odd so i installed a control my macs fan app from the internet to monitor if the fan was working correctly and its always displaying 0 rpm. Shouldnt it always be at the lowest rpm consistantly? I also tried the smc reset and it did not change anything. 

• David

The fan is temperature sensitive, so it may not even turn on if the temperature is low. 

I wouldn’t start asking here - contact Apple support they can remotely interrogate your MPB and see if there is a problem, or go back to the Apple store 

• Lv 7

computers get hotter when you use them. it's a fact of life.

the faster the computer, the hotter it gets.

if you were to touch a CPU while in use, you would burn your hand!

this is why itxs important to use your laptop on a flat surface, so it can vent properly underneath.