Is a gay gene turned on when the mother has low levels of stress?

During times of peace, it is more advantageous to have a higher percentage of homosexuals to keep the population in check. During times of high stress, like during war, more children must be born that can breed. Evolution yo

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't know any gay Gene's but I'm guessing they are turned on by men, like all the other gays, and not by mothers of any kind.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're just looking for easy answers, aren't you?

As far as I know, there is no evidence to support your hypothesis

• 1 month ago

Stress is famine, cold, drought, and all the things that will not yield a good time. In most of those settings it makes sense not to be fertile but instead to focus on surviving.

So at face value, it feels like whatever part of sexuality comes from the genome, as well as its responsiveness to environmental effects, would result in more homosexuality in times of stress

But as with all complex systems of interactions, there are tons of other variables that could be tipping the balance whichever way, and since 1% more or less homosexuality in a population is not really game-changing, we probably can't even begin to guess what *actually* happens when you factor in everything.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Scientists do not think there is a gay gene, because such a gene would be eliminated quickly because of natural selection. Identical twins may also have different sexual preferences. There is similarly no left-handed gene because one of the two identical twins may be left-handed but the other one is not. About 11% of people in every generation is left-handed, and about 3% of every generation is gay. Therefore it is probably the environment that causes both traits. The most likely cause of homosexuality is imprinting on the wrong gender during development. Humans are non-sexual as children, but as puberty begins, sexual development occurs. It may be during that time, we imprint on the type of people we will think are suitable potential mates. Sexual imprinting is known in animals, including birds, when young animals learn what their future potential mate may look, act or sound like. Sometimes things go wrong during imprinting, when captive raised geese may imprint upon beach balls, shoes or even humans as potential mates. Once imprinted, it is nearly impossible to change. Yet it would be silly to suggest that there is a shoe gene, or beach ball gene and that is why geese are attracted to shoes or beach balls. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

My gay gene is getting turned on. What’s your phone number?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.