Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why am I obsessed with being the prettiest girl alive?

Ever since I could remember I always wanted to have the cutest clothes in elementary school then it became I wanted to be the prettiest girl alive i’m 17 now and it bothers me so much if I see someone who I think is prettier than me next to me or if people think she’s more attractive it became to the point I don’t care about anything else I don’t wanna go to school to study I don’t wanna work I just wanna work on my looks and I cannot help it!

It's amazing to see the disrespect some people have towards something that is totally natural as to desire to be desirable and look good in public. What I would say is it can go too far and become unmanageable, which is when you should tone it down, show less skin.. ect. I'm definetely  a leg, face guy, a good looking girl with great legs nice face really turns me on tbh. It is what it is, some people are deeply jealous/ envious of women who have the power over men, they have absolutely no love or enjoyment to see you succeed.

Probably because you're a narcissistic whiny lil cow who thinks the world revolves around you. I've got news for you buttercup... It doesn't. Try developing your personality into a decent and kind human being. 

Perfect. Work towards becoming a beauty influencer! 

Hey, there may be a deep-seated issue you have to deal with. Perhaps you may want to ask yourself: 

- if you enjoy it when someone affirms your beauty?

- in the past, has someone said something really hurtful or compared your appearance with someone else?

- do you perceive some people as much more beautiful after you get to know that they have good character and personality traits?

- what are some pros and cons that you have experienced as an attractive girl?

- what is the purpose of becoming the most attractive girl?

Check out videos of the ‘60s rock singer Janis Joplin if you’re not familiar with her.  She was voted one of the ugliest women in school when she was younger. Then she became this rock superstar. When you watch her perform she is sexy as anything. That’s because she knew how to let go on stage. She had “soul” and heart and could let loose when she got up there.

That’s what men are turned on by. Women who can let go. If you’re too hyper self-critical and stuck on yourself and perfectionistic about your looks you lose that primitive, sexual “animal appeal”. Be spontaneous. 

• Naguru

There is no harm in having such good dreams in life. Please follow-up with your strong determination.

See a therapist to help you with your self-esteem issues.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

If you go on like this, you will develop dysmorphophobia.

Try your best to get over that obsession.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and a person who has a huge ego about how they look does NOT make them attractive at all.  You don't want to study, meaning you're not willing to learn.  You don't want to work, meaning you are LAZY and expect other people to take care of you.  THOSE ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE TRAITS, no matt how physically pretty you might or might not be.  While it's true that physical attraction is the first thing another person "sees'" when they get to know someone and realize that they don't want to learn anything and are lazy, they'll be headed far away from you.  A person is a whole package, not just a Barbie Doll wannabe.  A person's character and morals to me is more important that looks.

• mokrie

That a lost cause because every guy sees beauty differently. What one guy thinks is the most beautiful, the next guy will think is ugly. So there is no most beautiful.