Carlos
Lv 4
Carlos asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

What African country has the most interesting history and culture in your opinion ?

Besides Egypt empire but other countries and regions that are

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

my top 5:

Mali, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Ethiopia                         

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don’t know but of course their history only consists of wonderful people doing wonderful things, certainly no slaves involved, definitely not.

And their culture is so much better than any white culture with such wonderful things like FGM.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tunisia or Libya. Lots of Greek, Roman, and Phoenician history in those places.

• 1 month ago

Mali and Ethiopia both have long histories that are well known outside Africa. I'm sure other African countries have interesting histories and culture too but less is known about them by the average non-African.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Morocco     .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The regions adjacent to the Niger River.  It's one of places were agriculture was independently discovered and the life-river of several empires that came and went and came again.  

• 1 month ago

Present-day Mali was once part of three West African empires that controlled trans-Saharan trade: the Ghana Empire (for which Ghana is named), the Mali Empire (for which Mali is named), and the Songhai Empire. During its golden age, there was a flourishing of mathematics, astronomy, literature, and art. At its peak in 1300, the Mali Empire covered an area about twice the size of modern-day France and stretched to the west coast of Africa.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Morocco... Casablanca, Marrakesh, WW2 etc. Marrakesh has been and still is a popular tourist attraction for people from all over the world. 

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably Ethiopia. 

• 1 month ago

NIgeria has over 350 cultures making it very diverse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.