Tailbone pain?

My tailbone hurts moderately when standing/resting and hurts immensely when I sit down and lean forward. What should I do, I can't go to hospital because of covid?

• y

If this is something new, you probably lifted, bent, twisted wrong in some manner. It will pass, but it does take time. A long time. Avoid things that increase the discomfort, like sitting, my world for the last twenty years, so much fun.  Heat prior to doing anything stressful, ice after any activities, do not hang around doing nothing, just makes it worse. Movement, up and about, slow and steady though, is the best thing for it.

If you have a medical issue, you still need to go to the hospital. COVID doesn't change that.

You start by going to your primary care physician or an Urgent Care Clinic if you don't have a doctor. Just use the phone and call for an appointment. You don't go to the ER unless it is a life-threatening emergency.

The doctor you see will decide if they can determine the problem and a course of treatment or they will order tests, x-rays, MRIs, etc. and or refer you to a spine specialist.