If only Trump had shut down cities from about Philly to Boston (that area) by early March, we'd be in...WAIT!!! Can a president lock down...?
...some cities and States but not others?
-- Isn't that the jurisdiction of State and LOCAL leaders?
-- Trump never even had that option.
-- Those local leaders DID.
-- Why are libs pretending this is all on Trump when all he could do is shut down the entire country?
- yLv 71 month ago
Trump does or can claim the party to get involved in state issues. But that is extreme cases and would be challenged. This did not rise to that level, that is why the feds put out recommendations for the states to follow, not orders or laws. This is a known, known by the left and the media, as they pointed out when he threatened to force reopening. So all this BS from supposed news organizations about Trump should have shut down this or that. Are just one more way that the media is proving how bias they really are.
- JeancommunicatesLv 71 month ago
President Trump didn't shut down America. That would have been against the Constitution. He set up requirements and told the American people what was necessary to survive this pandemic and that was all freedom allows. The President can only enforce laws and He cannot write them.
It was the American people who listened and shut down their businesses, because it was the right thing to do. It was the American people who slowed the pandemic, but when they tired of doing what is right, then the pandemic started spreading again. He did have the right to enforce the wartime protection act to where we could get what we needed to fight the war against this pandemic.
- John WLv 71 month ago
- Trump didn't disband the epidemic response team
- defund the early warning teams in various countries
- used the wartime protection act to produce PPE
- supplied PPE to states that needed it instead of selling it to foreign countries
- didn't outbid states trying to procure PPE on the open market
- actually helped states that needed it instead of saying " you're on your own"
- didn't ignore coronavirus hoping it would go away
- did his job
- LeoLv 71 month ago
Your rant is gibberish.