Why are boomers refusing to wear masks ?

• car253

Boomers know the government has lied a million times to us over the years.  They said Lead paint was safe. It wasn't.  Lead in vaccines was safe. It wasn't.   Tylenol was safe. It wasn't.  Abestoes was safe.  It wasn't.   Agent Orange, a chemical used in the Vietnam was was safe.  It wasn't.  Round up weed killer was safe.   It wasn't.   Johnson's baby power was safe.  It wasn't.

The government and the FDA has lied to the public over and over. 

We simply do not believe them any more. 

Lack of leadership setting a good example at the top discourages many who support Trump to get stuck on stupid. They are not even aware that they are endangering others when they do not wear a mask, that they are being irresponsible. Just stuck on stupid and selfish.

It’s not entirely generational, as young people aren’t abiding either, and it has a lot to do with political persuasion. 

I just bought a box of masks. I keep one in my pocket, and put it on when I get on the bus, or if a store owner asks me to do so.

What we are against is THE GOVERNMENT telling us we MUST.

They aren't refusing to wear them, they don't have to wear them.

There are all kinds of people who are refusing to follow the rules designed to limit the virus outbreak.  However it is mostly people in the 18-40 age group that feel like the whole thing is a joke.

When I go to the store it's mostly young people not wearing them.

They're at their ennui point.  No reason to go on now.

• BB

Didn't realize that.  That doesn't make much sense, if true.

Stupid, inconsiderate people of all ages are refusing to wear masks. It's not just boomers.