Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

What can I do or eat to prevent my memory from deteriorating?

I am 20 years old and I can't seem to remember a lot of things including my lecturer's face from last December. I don't have any medical conditions. I'm just spending too much time on the internet so I feel it has made my mind less creative/productive which resulted in my not being able to remember things clearly. What kind of vitamin, mineral or anything that could help in making my mind sharp again?!

Start by scheduling a visit with your family doctor and showing them what you have written here when they ask what brings you in today.  Use that as the basis to have a frank discussion on what is going on.  They can do a complete physical and neurological workup to see if they can spot any medical issues that need to be addressed.  They can refer you to a nutritionist or dietician who can work with your diet.  They will refer you to a neurologist for an evaluation and then they can refer you to a psychiatrist for an evaluation of your current mental state.  It would be helpful to prepare a list of the reason why you believe your memory is deteriorating.  The more specific your examples the better.  Once all the evaluations have been reviewed a treatment plan can be discussed with you.

• Naguru

Take healthy food. 

You should sleep daily at least for 8 to 9 hours. 

Clear impurities, if any in your mind.

Learn about concentration of mind.

Listen to the good words of your parents and elders in the family.

Consult your family doctor.

There are "mental games" you can play that help with mental sharpness.  Google search "best games to improve memory" and then read some of the links for some ideas.  Some of the things you will find are related to reducing risks for Alzheimer's or for helping people in the early diagnosis of Alzheimer's, but there are also links and information for people who just want to improve their mental sharpness.

There are also natural supplements that can help with overall mental health.  https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-nootropi... that list, number 1 and number 6 can be easily found on the vitamin shelf of most pharmacies or health food stores.  I am not sure about some of the other things in the list.

I think you have answered your own question. You spend too much time on the 

computer. A common problem nowadays! Personally I don't think vitamins are

the answer or we would all be downing them.