Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why did he remember this?!?

Idk if I’m overthinking lol but this kinda made me happy. Today I was talking with a guy who I dated last year and we really liked each other like we would flirt hard and it’s almost cringe reading back over some of our old texts.

He called it off because we go to different colleges. And we had a rocky road after that 

Anyways we hadn’t talked in 8 months and I had just texted him a few days ago to see how he was doing and the convo ended up continuing because of both of us. He mainly dragged it on though. So today we were talking about gifts and I said I felt weird accepting or getting gifts and he was like “I remember that 😂” and I said “remember what?” And he was like “that you don’t like gifts” and he knew that because last year when we were dating he wanted to give me a birthday gift and I kept telling him I didn’t want anything ( he got me something anyway ). 

Idk I thought it was cool how he remember that especially since it was a year ago and plus it was during our relationship. Does that mean anything?

• Helen

No it doesn't. This is why it's never a good idea to contact an ex that you still have feelings for. (And it WAS you that contacted him).

What happened was a friendly catch-up, and you've convinced yourself it means more than it does.

• Mike

It means that when you refreshed his memory, he recalled that you don't like gifts. No more, no less.