Why do people only pay attention to the frontman of bands?

Not necessarily true. When I look back, I had a particular crush on a female rhythm section.

They don't. Generally people pay attention to whoever is the main focus at that time. 

It would very unusual for someone to be concentrating on “the frontman” during a guitar solo or drum solo. At other times the frontman's job is to front the band and to be the focus of attention. Most people though, “pay attention” to everyone in the band.

Do they?  I'd say perhaps those who don't play any musical instrument may do that.  I'm usually watching the guitarists -  what they're doing, what instruments & amps they're using, etc.   

Because they’re usually the ones putting on the performance.  Some drummers and other musicians really put on a show, but typically the singer is the one who draws everyone’s attention because they are communicating with us using actual words we can understand and because they are often the one dancing around stage and commanding the most attention. 

• I don't, my favourite members of bands are usually the guitarists.

Not so. I often look at the other members, such as the drummer, bass and rhythm guitarist, saxophonist, keyboardist, violinist, harmonica player and back up singers, if any.

Well, that's part of the frontman's job description.....to be the public face of the band, announce songs and interact with the crowd. I don't think it's necessarily true that people don't pay attention to the other band members, but the frontman is the one actually trying to build a rapport with the crowd. If people don't pay attention to the frontman, he or she isn't doing their job.

I pay attention to any and all attractive men

• Wilson

He’s always in the spotlight