Is it grounds for lawsuit if you get fired for saying all lives matter?
- curtisports2Lv 71 month ago
No. Freedom of speech applies to what government can or can't do to you for what you say. Private employers are not affected by the 1st Amendment.
- Little PrincessLv 71 month ago
Only if your employer is considered a "state actor" (i.e. you work for the government).
- Anonymous1 month ago
"Applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on
• sex (including pregnancy,
• sexual orientation, or gender identity),
• national origin, age (40 or older),
• disability and genetic information (including family medical history)."
Political views are not covered.
- TroyLv 61 month ago
unless you are in a union, if so tell your union rep. If not then you likely have no case. Why would you want to work for a company that doesn't think everyones life is important.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- SlickterpLv 71 month ago
Nope. You can get fired for that.
- ALv 71 month ago
unless you have a contract, all employment is at will, meaning you can quit and they can fire you for any or no reason
- 1 month ago
Keep your mouth shut and do what the Marxist tell you to do, whitey. It's either that or the Gulag
- ANONLv 41 month ago
If it is leave the country for a place where law and order isn’t a complete joke