What electric scooter is the best for my money?

The scooter has to go 18+ mph.

A range of at least 15 miles.

I've read hundreds of amazon reviews on the cheaper and mid-range scooters, does anyone have some solid, tried, and true advice?

If you're looking for the best deal for the money, look to ebikes instead of electric scooters. Ebikes cost a third as much and go as fast as 28mph with a range of at least 20 miles.  

Oh, if you're talking about the kind of electric scooter that's for the disabled and not the kind that's like a moped, then never mind. You should probably clarify what you mean by "electric scooter," especially since it now occurs to me that "escooter" is also short for "electric scooter" and includes what's basically an electrically powered skateboard with handle bars (e.g., an electric Razor scooter).

They are all garbage.  Buy a Honda Ruckus.  You will be able to give it to your granddaughter when you are old.