Anonymous

Am I losing my mind?

Ok to be clear I never really believed in the supernatural, but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. I've been experiencing weird things. First I felt a shiver up my spin, and got really cold and felt so frightened I couldn't move for a few minutes like I saw some thing horrific. But I saw nothing. And just yesterday the lights in my hall flickered and I saw a shadow of person run past two or 3 times. Am I going mad or is something else and if so what might it mean?

You are not losing your mind. You just have a good imagination. 

This shadow creature is someone that you met and invited into your reality.  You have to deny that person in order for it to leave you alone.  It could have been someone laying in the bushes laughing and you turned and smiled.  They take this as an invitation.  Tomorrow keep your head down and don't speak to anyone and avoid eye contact.  Go your usual route.  The shadow creature will try to force you to speak.  There may be more than one since it is manifesting in your awaken world and not your sleep.  Just keep your head down and ignore everyone.  The evil spirit will be persistent, because it needs you to invite it in.  Don't give in.  When you get home the creature will attempt to harbor your fear.  Don't be afraid.  Repeat I will trust in Jesus.  And call on Jesus.  When he appears don't speak to him, just follow his instruction.  Your voice will manifest him into the flesh more and the exorcism will become more volatile. You will hear a loud sonic boom or explosion.  Stay down and away from the battle.  It should all be over in a matter of seconds.  If you don't do this you may become abducted by the shadow creature.  You have another option to go to the hospital but this is expensive and you may encounter spirits there because all the sick go there.  And that is an ideal environment for this shadow figure to become more powerful.  And, if you are given medication there is a chance of facing addiction, which is another tool of darkness.  I would chose Jesus because I believe in him.  He helped me with the same creature 3 times.  They stay away from me now.

• Tom

Sounds like a "Panic attack" the first time.---And had you spooked, setting you up.---The flickering lights the next day triggered an Autosuggestion making you see COES (corner of eye sightings) ---from actual shadows or a lock of hair, etc, in the CORNER OF YOUR EYE. The perheriphial Vision really only senses movement---which is very commonly filled in with Auto Suggestive imagery---Often "Shadow persons"------But this is normal.

Good Paranormal investigators are very aware of this phenomenon---Called COES and is the most common reason a person thinks they are in a "Haunted" House.---So common, in fact the investigators will not take cases based on only COES alone. 

• Gary K

Shadows are caused by objects blocking light. Pretty easy to explain (EG).  It’s your pattern seeking brain that looks for familiar shapes in them.  The shadows could have been caused by anything. 

A shiver up your spine is a pretty normal human thing, could be anxiety, could be something else.  But there’s certainly no need to invoke the supernatural or superstitious explanations. 

Stay skeptical.

• Mr. P

It could be the start of something or maybe nothing else will happen. 

Your body is very good at telling you when something isn't right, and sometimes spirits will give you feelings or emotions as they communicate.

• For somebody that supposedly doesn't believe in the supernatural it sure didn't take much to make you start having second thoughts. 

It sounds like you had some kind of panic attack, that is caused by real things such as stress, not supernatural things, all of which are entirely imaginary. 

A shiver up your spine and a feeling of cold is very common. You may have heard the phrase, "someone just walked over my grave" Well that is what they mean when they say that. As for the lights flickering, I take it you are living in America? They seem to have a very poor electrical system as everyone and their mother suffers from flickering lights at some point. As for the shadow, I don't have an explanation for that. If you have lived in your home for a long time with no problems, I wouldn't worry too much. Drinking too much soda can cause floaters on the eyes and that may explain the shadows. If not, there are still lots of things you must consider before you blame paranormal.