Why do black neighbors usually bring down property values?
- car253Lv 71 month ago
You are totally wrong. You are either racist or ignorant. I give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are ignorant. Black neighbors do not bring down property values. BAD neighbors bring down property values. And, I will educate you.
BAD neighbors come in all races and colors. And, so does racism.
- Anonymous1 month ago
That doesn't happen where I have lived, then again, I've never lived in a trailer park
full of pathetic tRump supporters who "ask" such ridiculous questions anonymously.
- SlickterpLv 71 month ago
Because racist white people move out en mass and sell their homes, dragging values down. It isn't the POC moving in, it's the white people who move OUT that bring the values down.
- 1 month ago
You are making a rather broad assumption, hiding behind anonymous. There are some very pleasant mostly middle-class multicultural or mostly Black neighborhoods in every city and state, including my home state of Missouri, where yards are kept trimmed, home repairs are made regularly, and local businesses thrive. This would suggest that the system(s) used to determine property values is flawed, to say the least. Perhaps the very things protested by the mostly peaceful nationwide BLM demonstrations do need to be changed to get rid of any built-in systemic bigotry.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- sunshine_melLv 71 month ago
Ah - that'd be racism.
- 1 month ago
Yes and no. Poorer people live in cheaper houses...... You're confusing cause and effect. When anti discrimination laws came into effect decades ago, there were property value drops when "white flight" happened....
- SimplytheFACTSLv 71 month ago
the town I grew up in is now mostly Black, and property values are similar to the town I am in now which is about 2/3rds white, may be 10% Black.
- yLv 71 month ago
Only the 20% of the population or so that we are currently hearing from out in the streets. The other 80% or so, do not and do not approve of what this 20% have been doing. They want what is best for their kids and community first and foremost. They understand that burning down your own community helps no one.