I get a lot of questions why 1981 I'm just not sure yet?

not because of politics, video games or TV but I like the music, fashion, film and art

You mean you have a lot of questions about aapects of 1981, but aren't sure about exactly what?

OK. I was already an adult then. So I can help you. Best to do a Google search.of 1981.

The nation-addling approach and the rise, and the insertion facts of 

Thatcherism, Privatisations, and Mega-Capitalism, in the U.K?

• Speed

So the regulars here stand in a line, arms locked, and tell you to get busy doing genuine research on what it was like where your fiction is set in 1981.

Lots and lots of people were alive then, so you simply cannot make mistakes with recent history. That means you have to apply nose to grindstone and do the actual work. Futzing around at Yahoo Answers isn't accomplishing anything.

One starting place is to read the daily paper from that period. Newspapers.com is not terribly expensive and lets you do it from home. If libraries are open where you are, you may be able to access newspapers via microfiche for free.